Best Layered Broccoli Salad
Everyone enjoys a side salad recipe to accompany their hearty meal, and there's no better recipe than our colorful Best Layered Broccoli Salad. A great recipe for a potluck, it has crisp broccoli florets with sunflower seeds and bacon to contrast the sweetness of the dried cranberries. A refreshing salad that will go with just about any meal, treat yourself to this layered masterpiece. Oh, and we almost to forgot to mention the loads of cheese added on top. It doesn't get any better than that.
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
In a large glass bowl, layer the broccoli, onion and cranberries.
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and vinegar; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with cheese, sunflower kernels and bacon.