Comfort Corn Bread
There is nothing like a easy corn bread recipe to go along with a hearty dinner. Comfort Corn Bread is my mom's special recipe that is simply the best. Whenever I visit home it is always on the table. Nothing says home sweet home like it does.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1-2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon to 2 tablespoons of oil or melted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl stir the dry ingredients together, making sure there are no lumps of baking soda or powder.
- Mix liquids together and add to the dry ingredients, stirring smooth. Turn into a greased 8" x 8" pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.