Flapper Pudding Dessert
This no bake dessert recipe is so easy, anyone could make it! Flapper Pudding Dessert is a 1920's vintage recipe for a cool, creamy dessert that doesn't require the oven. A pudding mixture is made of butter, powdered sugar, eggs, pineapple and walnuts. Crushed vanilla wafer cookies make a crust, plus more is sprinkled on top to create a delicious crunch. Best of all, the whole thing takes just minutes to put together.
Chilling Time5 hr
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 (9-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely crushed vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar in large bowl of electric mixer on high speed, until light, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- With clean beaters, whip the egg whites in small bowl until they hold soft peaks. Fold into the butter mixture; add pineapple and nuts.
- Sprinkle half of the cookie crumbs in a 9x7 inch baking dish. Spread the pineapple mixture over and sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Chill at least 5 hours before serving.