Asian Pepper Steak
Cooking perfect steak has never been easier thanks to this recipe for juicy steak. Pressure cooker cooking is one of the best ways to cook steak. Cook a steak indoors and make the perfect steak.
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into -3 x 1/2
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons potato starch or cornstarch
- Basmati rice, cooked
- Heat oils in pressure cooker. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes Add beef strips, stir well, and cook over high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, sherry, brown sugar, salt, ginger root, and pepper flakes. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 10 mins. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- Stir in tomatoes, bell pepper, and green onions. Secure lid. Over high heat, develop steam to medium-high pressure. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook 2 minutes Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid.
- Combine soy sauce, water, and potato starch in a small bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Gradually add to beef and vegetables, stirring gently until thickened and creamy. Serve beef and vegetables over rice.
Read NextInstant Pot Pumpkin Puree