This recipe for boneless chicken is one of the best ways to cook boneless skinless chicken breast. Simple chicken recipes that taste this good are hard to come by. Make this recipe one of the easy chicken recipes you make again and again.
If you like this chicken breast recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of 27 Tempting Chicken Breast Recipes
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker
- 3 thick whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup bitter orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In saucepan, heat orange juice, raisins and marmalade until marmalade melts, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut up chicken into 1" chunks. Heat olive oil in pressure cooker and add chicken chunks. Lightly brown.
- Add the orange juice mixture plus the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and rice. Close lid, bring to high pressure then lower heat on stove and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and release using cold water release method according to manufacturer's directions. Open, stir, taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Read NextInstant Pot Sloppy Joes
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Apr 29, 2017
This Acapulco Chicken recipe looked so good that we made it for dinner yesterday even though we still dont have a pressure cooker, lol. We omitted the rice and let it cook low and slow for a few hours and it was totally delicious with the orange, ginger, cinnamon, sugar and coconut making a wonderfully tasty sauce.
amywalshireland 18 60271
Jan 28, 2014
I just bought my first pressure cooker. I made Acapulco chicken. It burned before it came up to pressure...I was waiting 15 minutes for it to come up to pressure. Steam was coming out of the handle area...Did I do something wrong?
May 06, 2012
I am 71, and have had a pressure cooker since I was 16. I'm on my second one. My first one would still work, but I needed a gasket for the lid, and the company told me that they had stopped making it, so I had to buy a different one. The recipe sounds really good, and I'm going to make it. I have bought pressure cookers for two of my daughters, and two granddaughters. Wouldn't be without one.
Sep 11, 2011
To those who don't have a pressure cooker, a good one isn't all that expensive and can be used in many, many dishes. Just buy one. Check out ebay, for example, or WalMart.
Aug 21, 2011
I have just purchased an electric pressercooker. How do I use it? I don't have any ideal how to use it. I just remember my grandmother using hers,and her cooking great meals from it. But mind is totally different. I just want to cook great meals like she did without all the heat in the ketchen.br Thank You,br ED Millerbr br
Jun 09, 2010
To Chef 8964256, Buy one at a secondhand shop, check craigslist for a free one or buy one from a clearing site for 20 bucks. Mine has lasted me for years.
May 24, 2010
this receip sounds great, i do not have a pressure cooker, any suggestions
Apr 19, 2010
Recipe really sounds like it might be good. What do you do if you don't have or cook with pressure cooker. Would be nice to have alternate cooking options.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use