Pork with Apples
- 3 med Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered, and sliced
- 1 small Vidalia onion, halved and sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 heaping tsp dried thyme, or 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 boneless (loin) pork chops
- plenty of fresh-ground pepper
- splash of lemon juice or white wine
- 1-2 T maple syrup
Gently saute apples, onion, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, ginger, salt and pepper and butter. Do not let scorch, or garlic will be bitter. Apples should be tender. Set all aside. Add porkchops and pepper to skillet. Saute on both sides until mostly done. Remove from heat, slice into 1/4" thick strips. Meanwhile, deglaze the pan with lemon juice or white wine. Return meat and apple mixture to pan, along with maple syrup. Cook over low heat a few minutes, until pork is done. If desired, thicken with a little cornstarch. Adjust seasonings-- usually needs a little more salt. Serve over egg noodles.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use