Chile Seasoned Braised Pork
Raise your flavor expectations of pork with this pork recipe. With this recipe, learn how to cook a pork loin with intense flavors and spice. This pork recipe does not disappoint.
See this and more awesome pork recipes in this collection of 13 Best Easy Pork Recipes.
Cooking Time2 hr 30 min
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 pounds piece of boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt) or 2 lb boneless pork loin
1. Mix together chili powder, thyme, oregano, cloves, allspice and hot chicken broth to make a paste. Rub paste over all surfaces of pork.
2. Place pork in a small roasting pan with a lid: add 1/2 cup water to pan. Cover and place in 350 degree oven for 2 hours, until tender.
3. Remove pork from oven and let stand, covered, for 30 minutes, moistening with pan juices before slicing or chopping. Can be made up to two days ahead.
4. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat gently before serving.
Read NextBaked Baby Back Ribs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use