Apple Apricot Pork Chops
This slow-cooked recipe is a delight. Try sweet, fruit-rich slow cooker pork chops tonight!
For more great apple recipes and tips for cooking and baking with apples, click here.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pork filets or chops
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup fresh or dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or wine (or more apple juice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
1. Combine all ingredients; cover and cook 7 to 9 hours on low. 30 minutes before serving, pour liquid into a separate container to skim off excess fat.
2. Stir in cornstarch mixture and return broth to slow cooker. Continue cooking on low until smooth and thickened.
Read NextShake and Bake Pork Chops