Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pie
Rich and creamy this forgotten gem is a wonderful, tasty time piece. Sweet and buttery, every slice of this buttermilk pie recipe is mouthwatering. Take out the pie pan and apron and get ready for a blast from the past.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, flour, and salt, blending thoroughly. Beat egg yolks slightly, add buttermilk and butter.
- Add gradually to dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Beat egg whites until fluffy; add cream of tarter, and beat until stiff.
- Fold gently, but thoroughly into the egg-yolk mixture.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, or until a silver knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Read NextEasy No-bake Banana Cream Pie
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.