Healthy Pumpkin Pie
Finally, a pumpkin pie recipe that has all the flavor, but not all the fat of your typical recipe. Make this yummy pumpkin pie recipe any time - use canned pumpkin if fresh is not available - and enjoy a sweet treat that's practically good for you!
To check out more perfect pumpkin recipes, see our collection here.
See this recipe and more in 55 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- 1 cup Egg Beaters 99% egg substitute
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Mix flour and salt together in medium mixing bowl.
- Measure oil. Add milk to oil but do not stir.
- Add liquid all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir lightly with fork until well mixed.
- Press dough into smooth ball.
- Roll between sheets of waxed paper and fit into pie plate, or press pastry into pie plate with fingers. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, salt, spices and sugar substitute until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg substitute and whisk together.
- Add evaporated milk in three increments, whisking thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350F degrees.
- Bake about 45 minutes longer, until metal knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Read NextSugar Cream Pie