Chocolate Afternoon Delight
This is one of the best pie recipes you'll ever eat. Thanks to Susan Payne for giving this delicious pie it's name of Chocolate Afternoon Delight. It will surely be a delight to all who make this amazing chocolate pie. With an Oreo cookie crust, a creamy chocolate filling, and a Cool Whip topping, how can it not be? When you want a creamy, chocolate pie, this recipe is the one to turn to. Enjoy!
This pie was part of our No Name Pie contest. We thank Susan Payne for coming up with it's new name! Thank you to all who participated, it was a very hard choice! - Editors of RecipeLion.
Chilling Time4 hr
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces tub Cool Whip non-dairy topping
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 Oreo pie crust (6-ounce) package (see directions for any necessary baking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of nuts and 1/4 cup of small chocolate chips in with pie mixture.
- Spoon mixture into an Oreo cookie crust. Spread Cool Whip topping over the pie mixture, forming slight mound.
- Garnish top of pie with remaining nuts and mini chocolate chips (if desired).
- Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours and serve.
Read NextPecan Cream Cheese Pie