Super Simple Summer Garden Pasta
Summer means icy popsicles, cold glasses of lemonade and endless amounts of this Super Simple Summer Garden Pasta. This fresh pasta salad recipe contains tasty tomatoes, mouthwatering mozzarella and palatable Parmesan sprinkled on top of some bow tie pasta. This Italian dish is the perfect light lunch to have while sitting out on your porch enjoying the summer sun. To top the whole recipe off, add some fresh basil leaves for an extra punch of flavor. Get ready to meet your new favorite easy pasta meal!
Type of DishPasta
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, garlic, mozzarella, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, basil and olive oil. Toss well to combine.
Mix in the the cooked and drained pasta. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Serve room temperature or chill.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this project. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of July 31, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Read NextMacaroni and Cheese Recipe