Quick Tomato Basil Pasta
For a deliciously simple pasta recipe that cooks up in mere minutes, give this easy recipe a try. Tomatoes and basil add a bright freshness to this super simple dinner recipe.
For more zip, add a dash of red pepper flakes when cooking tomatoes. For a meat course, dice two boneless chicken breasts and saute them in 1 tablespoon olive oil and one minced garlic clove. For a vegetarian main course add zucchini rounds or thin asparagus spears and cook them in the tomato sauce.
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, or 1 pound fresh Roma (pear) tomatoes, diced
- 2 large garlic gloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons dried basil, or 6 fresh leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces thick pasta such as penne, fusilli or ziti
- Boil water and cook pasta.
- Mix tomatoes, olive oil and minced garlic in sauce pan and heat. Add dried basil and stir. If using fresh basil, add at end.
- Drain pasta and place in bowls. Spoon on sauce and top with freshly grated parmesan or asiago cheese.
Read NextChicken And Broccoli Lasagna