Fusilli with Roasted Tomatoes, Asparagus, Shrimp and Garlic
This Italian pasta dish does a nice job of blending shrimp, asparagus, and tomatoes in a way that makes the most of all three ingredients. It is flavorful and filling, and makes a great family dinner.
- I found that the garlic did not roast completely, possibly because it did not come in contact with any oil or cooking liquid. It may be easier to roast the garlic separately via the conventional method, and incorporate it back into the recipe as noted.
- Looking for more great Italian pasta recipes? Click here!
- 12 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half cross-wise
- 1 pound thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fusilli or other pasta, cooked al dente
- Pre-heat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place tomatoes in a roasting pan and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Wrap garlic in aluminum foil and place in pan.
- Place pan in the pre-heated oven and roast without stirring for 20 minutes.
- Add asparagus and shrimp and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until shrimp are curled and pink and asparagus is tender.
- Remove garlic from foil and let cool slightly.
- Remove the cloves from the head of garlic and mash to a paste.
- Mix lemon juice, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and toss with pasta.
- Add pasta to the tomatoes, shrimp and asparagus in the roasting pan and stir to combine.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.