Chicken Sausage with Macaroni and Cheese
This great macaroni and cheese recipe is a quick, simple dinner for any day of the week. Chicken Sausage with Macaroni and Cheese will be a pleasing dish for the family and for the cook. Be careful. You might eat too much!
Preparation Time15 min
- 16 ounces package of Al Fresco sweet apple chicken sausage
- 1 teaspoon Canola oil
- 3 ounces sour dough, pulsed in a food processor until crumbly
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (12-ounces) evaporate low fat milk
- Sauté chicken sausage in oil over medium heat until browned and internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Remove, slice into pieces and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Pulse bread in a food processor until crumbly. Place crumbs in a bowl, add melted butter and mix well.
- Place butter crumb mixture on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Return macaroni to the pan and place over medium-low heat stirring in cheese, egg substitute and milk.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sausage pieces last and spoon into bowls.
- Serve with toasted breadcrumbs on top.
Read NextPhilly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shells