Grand Traverse Morel and Asparagus Frittata
What a lovely way to feature some of our favorite foods! Asparagus is such a natural for a frittata, and the addition of the morel mushrooms makes this recipe perfect for lunch, brunch, or dinner - any time you want a hearty, tasty dish. Have a nice glass of Black Star Farms 2007 Arcturos Barrel-Aged Chardonnay with it and you'll be all set.
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 cup fresh morel mushrooms, washed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh shallots
- 1 tablespoon whole unsalted butter
- 10 asparagus spears, cut 1-inch long
- 8 whole large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese â€“ provolone or mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper – reserve.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan (or two medium nonstick pans), sauté shallots and garlic in butter until softened, add morel mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Add egg mixture and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 7 minutes until egg sets.
- Remove and top with cheese. Bake for an additional 3 minutes until cheese is melted or golden brown.
- Slide out of nonstick pan, cut into pieces, and enjoy.