- 16-oz can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium-size garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry minced onion soaked in 2 tablespoon water or 1
- tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of pepper
In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine 1/4 cup reserved bean liquid and remaining ingredients. Process until mixture is a smooth consistency. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with crackers or pita bread, use as a dip for crudities or as a stuffing for celery. Makes 1 cup Variation: Add 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil.
Read NextAfghan Chicken Kebabs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.