Magic Microwave Lemon Meringue Pie
Once you try this Magic Microwave Lemon Meringue Pie, you may never go back to the stove top version again. This easy homemade pie recipe uses the microwave to make lemon curd, which is poured in a prepared pie dish and covered with meringue. When it comes to easy pie recipes, this one is one of the best no muss, no fuss desserts. Go ahead and try this microwave dessert for yourself to experience the magic of homemade pie in minutes.
Preparation Time5 min
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, baked
- Mix sugar and cornstarch thoroughly in a 1-quart glass measuring bowl. Stir in water and cook on high in microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. Stir, then continue cooking 1 minute on high, or until thick, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Beat small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, then pour the egg yolk mixture into the glass measuring bowl. Cook in microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, and lemon peel into the mixture. Cool, then pour into baked pie shell.
- Cover with meringue and brown top under a broiler in the oven for a few minutes.
Read Next3-2-1 Mug Cake