The Perfect Steak
Good steak recipes are a must for grilling season, and we think we've found one. The Perfect Steak is a delicious dinner that's made on the grill. New York Strip steak is the best cut to use for this particular recipe. The homemade marinade is flavorful and really makes this steak stand out from others. Fire up the grill tonight to experience it yourself. And, don't miss the grilling tips from Broil King below to make sure you get the perfect steak every time.
Broil King Expert Tips:
- To make sure you have the best grilling technique, check out Broil King’s how-to video.
- Marinate meats in a non-metal shallow bowl or in a sturdy, resealable plastic bag. Never re-use marinades.
- Let cooked meats rest between one quarter and one third of the total cooking time before serving (5 minutes for steaks, chops, and other individual portions, up to 30 minutes for chickens, turkeys and roasts).
- 4 steaks (preferably New York Strip), 1-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Trim excess fat from the steaks. In a heavy, resealable plastic bag, combine garlic, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, pepper, mustard, soy sauce, and olive oil.
Marinate the steaks for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. If refrigerating, bring steaks close to room temperature 1 hour before grilling for more even cooking.
Preheat the barbecue on high (try the Broil King 50,000 BTU Gas Grill, Broil King 30,000 BTU Gas Grill or the Broil King Keg 4000 Charcoal Grill). Brush grids with olive oil. Grill steak on both sides until desired doneness.