We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Depending on the size of your roast, the roasting time varies. For a 2-pound beef roast, bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes will get you a perfectly juicy medium-rare roast. Don’t like medium-rare? Cook a little longer until the meat reaches 160°F inside. Have a big family to feed? Simply add 30 minutes of baking time for each pound of your roast. Don’t worry about the vegetables if you need to extend the cooking time. The broth will keep them juicy and tender."
NotesThe beef is medium rare at 145°F. If you'd like your beef to be medium, roast it for 10-15 more minutes or until the meat temperature reaches to 160°F.
If your roast is bigger, add 30 minutes of baking time to each pound of your roast.
Potatoes do very well with this recipe if you are not afraid of carbs. :)
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time35 min
- 2 pounds beef roast
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 pound button mushroom, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 1/4 cup bone broth or low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the Montreal seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on each side of the roast.
Arrange vegetables in a roasting pan. Pour bone broth or beef broth over. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Place seasoned roast on a roasting rack and put the rack on top of the roasting pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until meat is 145°F.
Remove from the oven, loosely cover the roast with foil and let it stand for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with vegetables.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Love apples? Love Bread? Love simplicity? You've come to the right recipe! If you're looking for a super easy shortcut recipe that… Continue reading: "Apple Pie Pull Apart Loafvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Authentic Indian Prawn Curry Recipe
- Mardi Gras Meringues
- Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- Flourless Cheese Sauce In The Instant Pot
- Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi
- Easy Taco Sausage Cups
- Mini Meatball Appetizer Cups
- Boozy Andes Mint Cupcakes
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- Cookies And Cream Crunch Slice
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes