Saint Patrick's Day Recipes: 8 Fresh Dinner Ideas, Plus 6 New Bonus Recipes!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Shake up this St. Patrick's Day with some new twists on old favorites. Go beyond just the standard corned beef recipes, try something new like a green-hued key lime cake (made in your slow cooker, no less!) or a favorite Irish sandwich like the Reuben made into a tasty casserole.
Whether you are or aren't familiar with Irish food recipes, by March you won't be able to stop thinking of Saint Patrick's Day recipes. With so many people celebrating the holiday, even people who are only "Irish for a day," Saint Patrick's Day recipes are just what you need. Explore our collection of Irish food favorites below and find a dish or two to wow your crowd.
Saint Patrick's Day Recipes:
8 Fresh Dinner Ideas, Plus 6 New Bonus Recipes
Irish Beef and Guinness Casserole — This wonderful Irish beef and Guinness casserole is a wonderful warm meal, and you can even make it ahead and freeze it. Makes a nice change from the usual corned beef and cabbage Saint Patrick's Day recipes, and you can eat it all year 'round.
County Cork Irish Stew — This is one of the Saint Patrick's Day recipes my family makes every year. It's hearty and delicious, and everyone who tastes it says it's a great Irish dinner recipe.
Easy Bubble and Squeak — Want to know why this recipe, perhaps one of the most popular Irish food recipes, is called bubble and squeak? Listen to it as it cooks and you'll understand! It's delicious and musical.
Pork Chops with Guinness Stout and Onion Gravy — When you take a simple pork chop recipe and add beer, it's hard to go wrong. Try this free easy pork chop recipe tonight to discover its rich, subtle flavors.
Chicken and Leek Pie — Looking for something a little more unusual in terms of what to serve in the way of Saint Patrick's Day recipes? Try this traditional chicken and leek pie. It's super yummy served hot, but this pie also forms a delicious soft jelly when cold.
Dublin Coddle — A favorite in my family, Dublin coddle is one of the tastiest Irish food recipes you'll find. We keep it in our collection of Saint Patrick's Day recipes so that we can make it for the holiday, but we tend to serve it once a month in the cooler weather.
- Beef and Vegetable Stew — This hearty beef and vegetable stew combines flavors for a wonderfully warm winter meal. The potatoes in this stew make this a filling dish and because it's made in a slow cooker, it's a super easy recipe.
An Irish Favorite: Corned Beef and Cabbage — This classic dish is an Irish favorite. Serve this up for a St. Patty's Day treat or simply make it for a hearty weeknight meal.
- 1-3/4 lbs onions
- 2-1/2 lbs carrots
- 6 lbs corned beef brisket or round, spiced or unspiced
- 1 cup malt vinegar
- 6 oz Irish stout
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon dill seed
- 1/2 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs cabbage, rinsed
- 2 1/2 lb small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup coarse grain mustard
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
To serve 12, use a 14 to 20 quart pan.
Coarsely chop enough onions and carrots to make 1 cup each. In pan, place. onions and carrots, corned beef with any liquid, vinegar, stout, mustard seed, coriander, peppercorns, dill, allspice and bay leaves.
Add water to barely cover beef. Cover pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until meat is tender when pierced, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Meanwhile, cut remaining onions into wedges. Cut remaining carrots into 2-inch lengths; halve them lengthwise if large. Cut cabbages in half through. cores, then into wedges.
Scrub potatoes. Add onions, carrots and potatoes to tender corned beef, place cabbage on top.
Cover and return to simmering over high heat; reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes.
With a slotted spoon scoop out vegetables onto warm serving dishes. Using tongs and a slotted spoon, remove beef to a cutting board; cut off and. discard fat, slice meat across the grain and place on warm platters. Serve meat and vegetables with coarse-grain and dijon mustards.
Tasty Easy Reuben Casserole — Check out this fantastic, tasty sauerkraut recipe. This Tasty Easy Reuben casserole is perfect for changing up your Irish cuisine, or any day of the week!
Reuben Soup in a Slow Cooker — It's wonderful that there is such variety among sauerkraut recipes. Of course, you can serve it as a tasty side dish or make a salad, but this Reuben soup sauerkraut recipe is quite nice all on its own. Makes a great lunch!
Cream of Sauerkraut Soup — Here's a great soup that isn't just your run-of-the-mill cream soup. It's cream of sauerkraut soup! The sour cream and other seasonings add a gentle mildness to the bright flavor of the sauerkraut, giving it a smooth taste and a little Irish flavor.
Dijon Corned Beef in a Slow Cooker (shown above) - Cook up one of the most flavorful corned beef recipes ever without barely having to lift a finger! Put your trusty slow cooker to use this Saint Patrick's Day and make this tender and delicious corned beef for your family.
Slow Cooker Irish Potatoes (shown above) - Whether you're heading off to a St. Patrick's Day potluck or just want to enjoy a home-cooked holiday meal, this recipe for Irish potatoes is just what you need. Once you make potatoes in your slow cooker, you'll never go back to your old cooking methods again.
- Limealicious Key Lime Cake (shown above) - You don't just wear green on St. Patrick's Day... you eat green too! With this unique recipe for key lime cake made in your slow cooker, you'll have a festive holiday dessert to share with friends and family this St. Paddy's Day.
Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- White Trash Candy Recipe
- Louisiana Crunch Cake Recipe
- Basil and Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs
- Bacon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Chicken Fresco (Ruby Tuesday Copycat)
- Healthy Applesauce & Spinach Brownies
- Healthy Shamrock Shake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Crumble
- Baked Provolone with Herbs and Homemade Garlic Flatbread
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes