Chocolate Butter Cream Frostings
- 1 cup 2 cups
- light flavor 2 Tbsp 1/4 cup
- medium flavor 1/4 cup 1/2 cup
- dark flavor 1/3 cup 3/4 cup
- confectioners' sugar 1 cup 2 2/3 cups
- butter or margarine 3 Tbsp 6 Tbsp
- milk or water 2 Tbsp 4-5 Tbsp
- vanilla 1/2 tsp 1 tsp
Choose amount of cocoa you prefer and combine with confectioners' sugar. Cream butter with 1/2 cup of cocoa mixture in a small bowl. Add remaining cocoa mixture alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency. Blend in vanilla. For a glossier frosting, add 1 Tbsp, corn syrup. One cup frosts an 8- or 9-inch square or round cake or pan of brownies or top of a 13x9x2-inch cake or pan of brownies. Two cups fills and frosts an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake or frosts 30 cupcakes.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.