Amish Dutch Apple Pie
Dutch apple pie is a deep dish apple pie with added ingredients like lemon juice, spices, nuts, or raisins. Try Amish Dutch Apple Pie for a rustic apple pie recipe chock full of apples flavored with nutmeg and walnuts.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 8 apples
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare single pie crust in 9-10 inch pie plate.
- Peel, core, and slice apples; place in bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium-sized bowl to make streusel.
- Cut butter into streusel with a pastry blender and then add walnuts.
- Add 1/3 to 1/2 of the streusel mixture to apples to coat.
- Place apples in crust and sprinkle remaining streusel on top.
- Cover crust with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes. Should be bubbly!