Dreamy Chocolate Icebox Cake
Icebox cakes are one of the most perfect homemade desserts to enjoy during the summer, and this Dreamy Chocolate Icebox Cake is one of our all-time favorites. With pecans baked right into the crust and a combination of cream cheese, pudding and cool whip for the filling, how can you go wrong with a chocolate icebox cake recipe like this? Enjoy this scrumptious treat tonight and it will quickly become one of your favorite summertime cool whip dessert recipes!
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups Cool Whip
- 1 3-ounce package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 3-ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 cup icing sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix margarine, pecans and graham cracker crumbs and pat into 9-inch pan.
Bake until lightly browned (approx. 20 minutes). Cool completely.
Beat together cream cheese, icing sugar and 1 cup of the Cool Whip. Spoon onto the baked crust layer.
Mix both puddings with milk and beat as per package directions. Let pudding almost thicken, and pour over second layer.
- Melt chocolate square. Put remainder of Cool Whip on top and swirl melted chocolate throughout topping.