Thai Fried Squid With Basil Leaves
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This Thai dish doesn’t require any crazy ingredients that are hard to find, but still tastes super super Thai. I would say basil, fish sauce and oyster sauce are crucial in order to cook it successfully. Have these sauces in your kitchen already? Great! You are good to go. If not, pick them up now because we are going to use them quite often to make delicious Asian food!"
NotesAccording to the recipe book, squid can be replaced with chicken, pork, tofu or beef. I have tried it once with beef. Beef doesn’t necessarily have to be cooked through at step 2. Otherwise, it most likely will be overcooked after going through the rest of the steps. You can control how you want the beef to be done.
- 1 lb squid, sliced (1 inch wide per slice)
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 2-3 hot chilies (I used dried ones.)
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Heat oil over medium high heat in a sauté pan. Add garlic, onions and hot chilies when the oil is hot. Sauté for 3 minutes or until the garlic and the onions are fragrant.
Add squid. Increase to high heat and stir the squid for 5 minutes or until it’s cooked through.
Now place green beans in the pan, then add brown sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce. Stir a few times until all the ingredients are spread out well.
Add basil leaves. Stir once again.
Turn off the heat. Sprinkle a pinch of chili powder over the squid. Plate it and serve with rice.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
With just the right amount of sweet and savory, along with a great crunch throughout, this Golden Raisin Broccoli Salad is sure to be… Continue reading: "Golden Raisin and Broccoli Saladvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 5 Easy Lunchbox Recipes | Healthy Lunch Packs For Kids & Adults
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
- Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Cookie Butter Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Pie In A Jar
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
- Salty And Sweet Grinch Snacks
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix In A Jar
- Festive And Delicious Christmas Strawberries Dessert
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes