Baked Atlantic Salmon with Grilled Eggplant and Basil Mashed Potatoes
This is a full meal that you can make for one for increase the recipe for more people. Baked Atlantic Salmon with Grilled Eggplant and Basil Mashed Potatoes is an Italian-style dish you will want to make over and over.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time35 min
- 1 portion 6-7 ounces salmon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 4 large red potatoes, with skins on
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 pound butter
- light cream as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Filet and remove pin bones from the salmon and place in oven 8-10 minutes.
- Remove salmon from pan, season add shallots.
- Deglaze with white wine, fold in butter - may add lemon ( Note this is for each portion! )
Basil Mashed Potatoes:
- Wash potatoes, cover with water and add basil.
- Boil until done and strain. Mash with fork, fold in sour cream and butter.
- Adjust consistency with light cream.
- Slice and place on wire rack. Cover with salt and draw out moisture. Do the same on other side.
- Remove salt and pat dry. Coat with a mixture of Italian dressing, soy sauce, olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill.