Chinese Spicy Seafood Stew
Chinese Spicy Seafood Stew is a delicious dish made with cod, scallops and shellfish. It is so quick to make! The chili sauce gives it an extra kick that you will love!
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 4 scallops
- 20 shellfish (i.e. cooked mussels, shrimp, etc).
- 1 medium onion
- 20 button mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 spring onions (trimmed)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cress and enokitake mushrooms to garnish (optional)
- Cut the cod into bite sized pieces retaining the skin. Remove the scallops, mussels and prawns etc. from their shells.
- Peel the onion and cut into eighths. Wipe and trim the mushrooms.
- Halve the red pepper and remove the seeds, then cut each pepper half into quarters to make 8 pieces altogether. Peel the garlic, then grate or crush it.
- Cut the spring onions into 2.5 cm (1 inch). pieces. Trim the courgette and cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Bring 600ml (1 pint) of water to the boil in a large saucepan. Add the chili powder, chili sauce and the salt, then all of the prepared. fish and vegetables, except for the spring onions and zucchini.
- Bring the water back to the boil, add the spring onions and zucchini. Then simmer for 10 minutes or until the ingredients are just cooked. Be careful not to overcook the stew - the fish pieces should remain. whole and the vegetables should retain their shape.
- Divide the ingredients and liquid equally between 4 warmed individual. bowls and serve immediately garnished with small bunches of cress and. enokitake mushrooms (if using)
Read NextEasy Leftover Chicken Enchiladas