One Pot Sweet Italian Sausage Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This savory One Pot Sweet Italian Sausage Pasta has healthy vegetables, whole wheat pasta, and delicious tomatoes. It's low in fat and calories and comes together in about 30 minutes - with just one pot to clean!"
NotesTurkey sausage is very lean, so you'll want to add a little olive oil to the pot before adding the turkey sausage, unless you're using a non-stick skillet (then you may not need the oil).
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time25 min
Cooking Vessel SizeDutch Oven or Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped (about medium onion)
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped (about medium pepper)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can of Hunt's tomato sauce
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne noodles, uncooked (approximately 2 cups dry)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a dutch oven or skillet over high heat. Add the turkey sausage (casing removed). Stir, brown, and crumble the sausage as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
Add the chopped onions and green peppers and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove the meat and veggies to a separate bowl and set aside.
Add another 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and the mushrooms. Stir and brown over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
Add the meat, onions and green peppers back to the pot, along with the water, Hunt's diced tomatoes, Hunt's tomato sauce, and the uncooked penne pasta. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once or twice.
Turn off heat. Sprinkle in mozzarella cheese and put the lid on for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Then sprinkle the dried parsley and serve.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Grandma's Magic Cake is unbelievably easy to make and delicious. This is the perfect type of cake to serve anytime during the day.… Continue reading: "Grandma's Magic Cake Recipevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Strong Immune System Fig Smoothie
- Sweet Braided Easter Bread (sweet Keto Mozzarella Bread)
- Gluten Free Healthy Muffins Easy Recipe
- The Best One Pot Easy Lentil Soup (with Bacon)
- Easy Kale Salad W/ Citrus Dressing
- Amaretto Sour
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Cherry Cha Cha
- Cheese Bread Dumplings
- Egg Milk Gravy
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes