Easter sweets are seldom as unique as these intriguing Resurrection Rolls. This Easter recipe starts out looking like a regular roll, but there is a special twist...and they taste great!
Cooking Time15 min
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 24 marshmallows
- Combine water, egg, flour, salt, sugar, butter, milk and yeast.
- Let rise until double. Divide into 24 balls and flatten.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Dip rolls in melted margarine, then into sugar mixture.
- Wrap roll around a marshmallow, covering completely.
- Dip once more into butter, and again into sugar.
- Place rolls in a large greased pan and allow to rise until double, approximately 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until done. Rolls should be completely empty when cooled...like the empty tomb. Another timely recipe for Easter.
Read NextEaster Sunday Deviled Eggs