Pink Lavender Lemonade
Instead of a traditional lemonade recipe, mix up the ingredients for lemonade with a few new additions. This is one of the best lemonade recipes out there. This recipe for fresh lemonade is much healthier than most other recipes.
- 2 1/2 cups bottled water
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large strawberries, hulled OR
- 1/4 cup pink hibiscus flowers, dried
- 1/4 cup lavender leaves, chopped OR
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/4 cups lemon juice
1. In medium saucepan, combine 2 1/2 cups bottled water, 1 1/2 cups sugar and hibiscus flowers (or hulled strawberries). Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
2. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes to extract pink from flowers. Remove from heat. Stir in lavender leaves. Cover and cool. Strain cooled herb liquid into large pitcher or jar (if using strawberries, gently press juice from berries.)
3. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water and lemon juice. Stir well. Add 1/2 cup more sugar, if desired.
4. Just before serving, add ice cubes. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with lavender flowers.
Read NextFall Pumpkin Party Punch