Star Spangled Pound Cake
Pledge your allegiance to patriotic desserts with this Star Spangled pound cake! Berry pound cake recipes make the easiest and most creative of 4th of July cake recipes. It's an American dream!
- 8 slices pound cake
- 4 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 1/3 cup blueberries
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Line bottom of 12 x 8-inch baking pan with 8 slices of pound cake.
- Top with 1 cup strawberry halves and blueberries, then cover with 8 ounces of Cool Whip.
- To make the cake look like the American flag, arrange the remaining blueberries in a rectangular shape in the top left-hand corner of the pan; with the Cool Whip showing between the blueberries, this will resemble the blue rectangle and stars on the American flag.
- Then, arrange the strawberries in horizontal rows to create a striped pattern, allowing the Cool Whip to show between the rows; this will look like the red and white stripes on the flag.