Pumpkin Spice Roll
This classic pinwheel dessert combines the fall flavors of pumpkin and nutmeg with cream cheese! Serve it with some hot cider or coffee after dinner.
Making pumpkin spice desserts is one of the best ways to welcome fall leaves and chilly September days. We are in love with this easy pumpkin roll recipe. This simple fall dessert idea takes moments to make. Sweet and spicy at the same time, these pumpkin rolls with cream cheese filling are a classic pinwheel dessert. Serve these sweets with some hot, spiced cider or coffee after a day of apple picking.
From the Chef: This unique pinwheel dessert pairs particularly well with after-dinner coffee. I like to cut a few slices beforehand and arrange them on a serving platter. They look so appealing that guests simply can't resist.
- Addie Gundry
This recipe is from RecipeLion's 103 Cookbook series, Festive Holiday Recipes: 103 Must-Make Dishes for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve Everyone Will Love.
Preparation Time30 min
Chilling Time1 hr
Cooking Time13 min
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Enter for a chance to win the RawSpiceBar Baking Spice Set Giveaway during the 10 Days of Thanks! This giveaway runs until November 18th and you can receive an extra entry by commenting below on this page. Be sure to also check out the grand prize giveaway featuring all the daily prizes in the 10 Days of Thanks!
For the cake: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a rimmed 18 x 13-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Add the pumpkin puree and eggs and mix well.
Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the cake is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and while the cake is still hot, carefully lift up with the parchment from the baking sheet and place on a work surface. Using the parchment paper, roll the cake up jelly roll–style starting at the narrow end of the cake. Set on a wire rack until cool, about 20 minutes.
For the filling: While the cake is cooling, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until fluffy.
Carefully unroll the cake, spread the frosting evenly over the surface, and reroll the cake, removing the parchment as you roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
For the topping: Mix together the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the pumpkin roll, then slice and serve.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 19th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 18th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite fall spice to cook with?
Answer below for a chance to win!