Baking a cake is easy when there's no cake involved! This easy Icebox Cake recipe is a delicious no-bake delight that everyone will love. Easy cake recipes don't get any easier than this.
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 small ripe bananas, diced (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 35 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 tablespoons semisweet-chocolate pieces
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spoon half the whipped cream into another bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- With rubber spatula, gently fold bananas into remaining whipped cream.
- On one side of each of 5 chocolate wafers, spread about 2 heaping teaspoons banana-whipped cream. Stack wafers on top of each other. Top stack with a plain wafer.
- Repeat stacking wafers on top of each other until all wafers are used, making 5 stacks of 7 wafers each. Turn each stack on its side; place stacks, one behind the other so that rounded edges overlap slightly to form a log on platter.
- Frost log with reserved whipped cream and decorate with chocolate pieces. Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight to allow wafers to soften.