How to Make Caramel Apples
Make some special, spooky, and delicious treats this year with our easy caramel apple recipe!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If there's one thing we love about the fall, it's all the treats! And if there's one treat we love, it's caramel apples. They're one of the easiest treats to make, and there are so many great combinations to explore in the process.
We'll show you a super easy way to make caramel apples that makes this a fun activity to do with the kids or in preparation for a Halloween party. Whether you want to deck out your apples to the fullest or keep them completely traditional, this easy, step-by-step guide will show you how to perfect this festive confection in no time!
Half the fun of making caramel apples is picking out different ways to decorate them! Whether you choose sprinkles, candy, chocolate, or anything in between, the possibilities are endless! Just pick your favorite sweets, and stick them on the caramel as it dries. Easy as 1, 2, 3.
Watch out Halloween, we're coming for ya!
If you're looking for another way to use up apples that's a tad healthier, check out our recipe for Homemade Apple Sauce
How To Make Caramel Apples
1(14-ounce) bag individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
2-3 tablespoons milk
Chopped toffee candy
Wooden skewers, lollipop sticks or plastic craft branches
*Note: Scrub the apples to remove wax with an equal combination of warm water and apple cider vinegar. Rinse the solution from the apples and dry them well.
- Remove the stem from each apple and insert craft stick.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place the caramels and 2 tablespoons of the milk into a 4-cup heatproof glass measuring cup.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave another minute. If caramel seems too thick add the additional 1 tablespoon milk and microwave for an additional 30-60 seconds.
- Working quickly dip/roll each apple in the caramel.
- Roll in optional chopped nuts, candy corn, chopped toffee or sprinkles.
- Let apples set on baking sheet for 20-30 minutes before dipping or drizzling with melted chocolate.
And just look at your finished product. The most impressive caramel apples you're likely to find this fall at any party you attend. Nice work!
More Fall Favorites You'll Love!
Our collection of recipes includes delicious apple desserts, apple bread, and apple breakfast recipes that will carry you through the season and beyond. Apple can be transformed in so many glorious ways. When you love apples as much as we do, you really don't need an excuse to make something festive!
What's better than the smell of freshly baked apple pie filling up your kitchen in the fall? Choose from 12 delicious versions of the iconic American dessert -- the apple pie! From old-fashioned apple pie recipes to new twists on the classic, this list is full of awesome recipes you'll want to make again and again.
It's time to buy Halloween candy. Do you run to the store or make your own? With our collection, 22 Easy Candy Recipes for Halloween, now you have the option. Sometimes, it's more fun to make recipes for homemade candy instead of buying bags upon bags of expensive brand-name candy from the store. This collection of easy homemade candy will show you how to make everything from candy bark and fudge to homemade chocolate bars, popcorn balls, and more!
Thanksgiving, while one of our very favorite holidays, is always one of the most stressful and time-consuming! Since it's all about the food, we want everything to be as perfect as possible on the big day. You may have an idea of what your Thanksgiving dinner menu will look like every year, but it's all in the planning and execution, right? So let us take some of the initial burden off your holiday-crazed brain. Dig into this tasty holiday recipe collection!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
One bite of this Fluffy Cream Puff Cake and you will fall in love. This easy dessert recipe combines pudding, Cool Whip, chocolate,… Continue reading: "Fluffy Cream Puff Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chettinad Mutton Chukka
- Prawn Ghee Roast
- Thai-style Tempeh Green Curry
- Strawberry Milkshake Cookies
- Salsa Verde (green Salsa)
- Valentine Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Chicken Bean Soup
- Fried Carrots And Parsnips
- Baked Ziti With Ricotta And Italian Sausage
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes