Cake Mix Peach Cobbler
Combine cake mix and canned peaches to make a homemade cobbler in minutes!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't love a delicious cobbler recipe to really satisfy that morning sweet tooth? This cake mix peach cobbler recipe is wonderful for having as a breakfast treat or as a dessert. Plus, since you only need 4 ingredients to make this delicious dessert, it's going to be not only easy to make but inexpensive as well. It's so simple to keep all of the ingredients for this cake mix recipe in your pantry so that you can whip up a dish of it whenever you like. Since we use canned peaches here, you don't even have to worry about buying and preparing fresh fruit for this.
Plus, don't you just love the cool colors of the funfetti cake for this? The pretty blue and purple cake sets this dish apart, and everyone will be asking you how you came up with such a smart and easy peach cobbler with cake mix. You can share this recipe with all of those people who ask, or you can keep it to yourself... it's totally up to you!
Cooking Time45 min
Total TimeUnder 2 Hours
Taste and TextureSweet
- 2 cans peach slices (15 oz.)
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Looking for more easy peachcobbler recipes?
Check out some of our favorite peachy treats below!
→ Overnight Peach Cobbler French Toast Casserole
→ Oatmeal Peach Cobbler
→ 4-Ingredient Dump and Go Cobbler
→ Southern Fresh Peach Cobbler
→ One Hour Bisquick Peach Cobbler
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Drain one of the cans of peaches, reserving the syrup.
Empty the peaches into a 13x9 baking pan.
Spread the peaches out evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar across the top of the peaches.
Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the peaches and press down with a spoon.
Cut butter into 16 pieces and distribute across the top of the cake mix.
Pour reserved syrup over the cake mix.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream, fresh cream or milk.
Why is my peach cobbler runny?
Nothing feels worse than putting your time and effort into baking a dish with love and care only to pull it out of the oven to find that it's sloppy or runny. We all have a picture of the perfect cobbler in our head - crispy on top with gooey and warm fruit in the middle. Unfortunately, sometimes you pull your cobbler from the oven piping hot to find that it's a bit too runny.
If you take your peach cobbler out of the oven and discover that it is extra runny, this is because the fruit you used in your recipe held excess water in it that did not cook away while baking. Baking fruit forces the sugars and water to the surface and if it doesn't cook away, it will sit in your dish.
How do I fix a runny cobbler?
Never fear! You can fix a runny cobbler recipe and bring it back to its gooey glory pretty easily. All you need to do is add a spoonful of cornstarch to your recipe to soak up some of that excess liquid before baking it for a little while longer. We recommend doing this little by little to achieve the perfect consistency.
Tips for Preventing a Soggy Cobbler
Fruits with excess water in them cause your cobblers to be soggy or runny. The best way to prevent this is to drain your fruit of that water before placing them in your cobbler. Try the following for a perfectly textured cobbler:
- If you are using canned fruits (like peaches) be sure to drain them properly from the can. Do not pour the excess sugar water into your recipe as it will cause it to be extra moist.
- Cook your fruits beforehand! Putting your fruit on the stove top with a bit of water and sugar or even oil to crisp them up will help you remove excess water. Just drain them and add the cooked fruits to your cobbler.
- Always thaw frozen fruits! If you're using frozen fruit, be sure to allow it to thaw completely and dry it on a rack for 30 minutes or pat it with a paper towel to remove all the excess water.
Love cake mix recipes? This cake mix bar is sure to curve your sweet tooth and become your new favorite dessert! Irresistible Cake Mix Bars
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Take that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Easy Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses… Continue reading: "Easy Lemon Pudding Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Flapjacks
- Italian Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Air Fryer Box Cake
- Apple Dump Cake
- Peanut Butter And Nutella Celery Reindeer Snacks
- Restaurant-style Hash Brown Casserole
- Overnight Cherry Baked French Toast Casserole
- Irresistible Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Delicious Roasted Eggplant With Couscous
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes