Non collapsible Cheese Souffle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set pan of water in oven. Prepare an
- 8 cups couffle dish (4" to 5" high). Butter dish and sprinkle with
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs. Cook 2 1/2 tablespoons butter and
- 3 tablespoons flour together slowly to make roux (foamy and frothy).
- Pour 3/4 cup scalded milk into roux, stirring with wire whisk, cook
- until thick. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, dash each pepper and nutmeg.
- Add 3 egg yolks to sauce.
Beat 6 egg whites (3/4 cup), add dash salt and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar, continue beating until soft peaks form. Put big dolop of egg white into sauce. Add 1 cup grated Swiss chees (Gruyere) or 1 cup chopped seafood. Fold egg whites into sauce. Fill mold to 2/3. Set in pan of water in oven. Bake 1 hr. to 1 hr. 15 minutes. Can leave in warm oven for 1/2 hr. if necessary. Serves 6 to 8
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Dairy"
Try one of our quick and easy dairy recipes, dairy dessert recipes, simple dairy recipes and recipes for national dairy month. Rich in calcium and sure to please.
There are no records