Fried Halloumi Cheese
- If you haven't tried Halloumi cheese, then you're in for a treat.
- This Cypriot goat-milk cheese has a very distinct flavor that is
- only made better by frying it. It does not melt, so you could even
- barbecue it. You can find it in most middle-eastern grocery stores.
2 tablespoons butter 1 (9 ounce) package halloumi cheese, sliced Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan. When the butter is slightly bubbling, add halloumi cheese slices. Fry until lightly browned on one side (2 minutes). Flip and fry other side until golden brown. Be careful, the second side cooks much faster than the first side. Serve warm with pita bread.
Read NextFresh Strawberry Pudding
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.