Slow Cooked Poached Chicken
Slow cooked poached chicken is great for chicken salad or chicken sandwiches. Cooking chicken in a slow cooker insures juicy meat with great flavor. You could also add this chicken to your chicken noodle soup recipe. The possibilities are endless!
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 pounds chicken breast halves
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- Remove skin and excess fat from chicken. Discard.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and top with carrots, celery, onion, parsley, bouillon granules, salt, pepper, and water.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Uncover and cool chicken in broth at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Read NextGround Horseradish