Slow Cooked Pacific Island Chicken and Rice
Pineapple, soy sauce and garlic work together to flavor this tender Pacific Island Chicken and Rice that slow cooks all day to make a mouthwatering, Polynesian-style supper. Slow cooker chicken recipes like this are simply a delight to the senses.
*Or this dish can be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Find more easy Campbell's Kitchen recipes like this on our Campbell's profile page.
Serves8 (1 1/2 cups each)
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time7 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) Campbell's® Condensed Chicken Broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green or red pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 4 medium green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- toasted sliced almonds
Stir the broth, water, soy, garlic, chicken, pepper, onions, pineapple with juice and rice in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle with almonds before serving.