Drunken Pot Roast
One of the best slow cooker pot roast recipes has got to be this Drunken Pot Roast. It literally marinates and slow cooks in a little whiskey and beer all day long. One of the best ways to season beef, I assure you!
Roast can be cut up in chunks to fit in slow cooker; after simmering total time it will be very tender and broken in pieces. May be served on buns with Au Jus or with potatoes and vegetables.
Cooking Time5 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans french onion soup
- 16 ounces beer
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sear roast in oven for one hour.
- Add all other ingredients together with roast in slow cooker.
- Stir a bit and simmer on high 4 to 5 hours.
Read NextSlow Cooker Mashed Potatoes