Busy Day Brunch Casserole
When things get crazy and there's not a lot of time for cooking, slow cooker recipes are the ideal choice for dinner. This Busy Day Brunch Casserole is one of the best slow cooker casserole recipes; good for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Cooking Time10 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4-ounce) mushrooms, drained and sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaf
- 1/2 package spinach chopped frozen, thawed drained
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sharply grated
- In skillet, lightly brown ground beef and onion in olive oil drain well. Place in well-greased slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except eggs, milk and cheese until well blended.
- Beat eggs and milk together. Pour over other ingredients, stir well. Dust with additional nutmeg.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 10 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with grated cheese.
Read NextSlow Cooked General Tso's Chicken