Apple Pork Roast
This is a Fall favorite in my household. It is a perfect recipe if you are looking for something interesting as well as delicious to do with those fresh picked apples. Apple Pork Roast will become one of your favorite oven pot roast recipes.
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 acorn squash, chopped
- 2 tart apples, cored and peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 pounds pork loin roast
- Pierce skin of acorn squash and microwave approx. 3 min to make it a little softer to cut and pare. Clean out seeds and pare skin. Cut in 2" cubes and place in crock.
- Slice apples and onion and add to crock. Nestle the pork roast down in with the fruit and veggies.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over and pour apple juice and broth over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for approx. 8 hours.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.