All Day Long Slow Cooker Beef
In the morning combine all the ingredients and place in a slow cooker. In the evening, simply enjoy this easy slow-cooked meal. This type of recipe lets you have slow-cooked taste without wasting your time cooking in the kitchen.
Keep the slow cooker covered as much as possible throughout cooking time. A slow cooker can be used to cook this type of meal for a varied amount of time, depending on your schedule. It is not important that you take the meat and vegetables out at a specific amount of time. One or two hours either way usually makes no difference. When ready to serve, dip meat and vegetables out of pot with a slotted spoon. Use the liquid as is or turn slow cooker to high and thicken liquid with a little flour or cornstarch.
Trying to figure out what else you can do with all those fabulous tomatoes? Try one (or more!) of these 22 tempting tomato recipes!
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 1/2 pound beef roast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 package onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Cut beef roast into serving-sized portions. Use more beef if you need more than 6 servings. Brown beef in a bit of vegetable oil, although you can skip this step if rushed for time.
- Slice onion and separate into rings. Dice the peeled carrots, dice the celery and slice the peppers into thin strips or circles. Place these into bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the beef pieces with fresh ground black pepper, minced garlic and the onion soup mix. Place on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl with about 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup tomato juice. Pour this over the meat.
- Turn the slow cooker to high for 30 minutes, or, if you're in a hurry, skip this step. Turn to low, cover and cook for 7-9 hours.