Zesty Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
This Zesty Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast is a no-fuss meal that's great for family dinners. Just toss the meat and veggies into your slow cooker and let them simmer to tenderness while you go about your day. That's one of the best things about slow cooker pot roast recipes... they basically cook themselves and then you have a delicious dinner waiting when the day is done. This easy recipe from Campbell's is one of our favorites.
NOTE: To roast garlic, place 1 whole garlic bulb onto a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic. Roast at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Peel and chop the garlic.
RECIPE TIP: For thicker gravy, mix 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Remove the beef and vegetables from the cooker. Stir the flour mixture into the cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
For more great slow cooker ideas like this one, visit our Campbell's recipe collection page here.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time10 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, diced
- 1 beef bottom round roast or beef chuck pot roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic or chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
Place the potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Season the beef with the black pepper. Place the beef into the cooker.
Stir the soup, water, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetables.
Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 11 hours (or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours ) or until the beef is fork-tender and the vegetables are tender.
Read NextSlow Cooker Cuban Pork