Slow Cooker Mushroom Steak
It takes just 15 minutes to prep this savory dish before you pop it in the slow cooker and go about your day. The finished dish is tender and delicious! Make it with a piece of round steak for a budget friendly slow cooker recipe.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 can (about 4-ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 3 pounds beef steaks (sirloin, round or flank)
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10.75-ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- Generous dash garlic powder
Drain the mushrooms, reserving the liquid. Place the beef in a 6-quart slow cooker and top with the onion and mushrooms. Stir the reserved mushroom liquid, soup, wine, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl and pour the soup mixture over the beef.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.