One Pot Bavarian Dinner
Get a taste of German cuisine with this one pot Bavarian dinner. Made entirely in your slow cooker, this one pot meal recipe is a main dish and side dish all in one! Serve with a salad if desired.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 cans (about 27 ounces) sauerkraut, Bavarian style, undrained
- 2 pounds Polish kielbasa sausage, precooked and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In bottom of slow cooker, layer 1 can sauerkraut, 1 pound sausage pieces, half the onion slices, 1/2 teaspoon boulllon, and 1/4 teaspoon celery seed. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook at low setting for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.
Read NextDump & Go General Tsaos Chicken