Five Alarm Chili
For a slow cooker beef chili recipe that will overwhelm your taste buds with flavor and spice, give this easy recipe a try. Easy recipes for a slow cooker are rarely as spicy and delicious as this recipe.
Did you enjoy this slow cooker recipe? It was featured in 9 Excellent Slow Cooker Recipes for Supper, check it out for more easy slow cooker recipes.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds ground beef round
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 14 1/2 oounce cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 15 1/2 ounces can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup Colby cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and garlic in oil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess oil.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef mixture to a slow cooker and combine with olive oil, bell pepper, jalapenos, 1/4 cup chili powder, oregano, cumin, tomatoes, beef broth and pinto beans. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir once during the last hour if cooking on High.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Stir well to blend evenly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Return to room temperature before spooning a dollop onto each serving of chili. Sprinkle with Colby cheese and serve.
Read NextSlow Cooker Pork Chops