Asian Pot Roast
This delicious pot roast has an Asian flair from soy sauce, ginger and garlic. This is a great meal and the slow cooking process makes the pot roast amazingly tender. Serve this over rice or stir-fry vegetables.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 14 1/2 ounces can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 to 3 lb boneless beef roast or top round steak, cut into 3 or 4 chunks
- 2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup quick-mixing flour, such as Wondra
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, mix together the chicken broth, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Place the beef chunks in the broth mixture. Top with onion slices. Cover and cook on Low 8 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- If necessary, skim off any fat from the juices. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 3/4 cup liquid from the slow cooker until smooth. Stir the flour mixture back into the liquid in the slow cooker. Increase to heat to high and cook, uncovered 30 to 40 minutes longer, or until the sauce is thickened slightly.
- Cut the meat into slices before serving. Serve the meat and sauce over hot steamed rice along with stir-fried vegetables.
Read NextAmazing Slow Cooker Swiss Steak