Snappy Ginger Cookies
If you like your ginger cookies recipe to have a little more texture, try these Snappy Ginger Cookies. This ginger snaps recipe is as easy and quick as a snap! Add to cookie tins for gifts or set them out at a party for snacking.
- 1 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated
- Combine shortening, sugar, eggs and molasses in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and spices.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well.
- Chill dough for 1-24 hours.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll chilled dough into balls and dunk in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until set.
Read NextChocolate Sugar Cookies