Mississippi Mud No Bake Cookie Bars
These delicious Mississippi Mud No Bake Cookie Bars come to life in a flash because you don't have to turn on the oven to make them! Make something delicious in minutes with this easy no bake cookie recipe. These delightful treats are sure to be a hit with your kids, and even though they taste amazing, they are healthier for you than most cookie recipes. Using wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, peanut butter, and cocoa powder, this is one recipe you'll find yourself making over and over. Bring these bars to the next soccer game for a snack the kids will cheer for, or bring a batch to the next school bake sale and see how quickly you sell out!
Variation: Cookies may be spooned onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet in one tablespoon portions; this will make about 60 small cookies.
For more no bake cookie and bar recipes try, 23 Lazy No Bake Cookie Recipes & Bars.
Preparation Time15 min
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- Prepare a 7 x 11-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper or foil, pressing into the corners and leaving an overhang of 2 inches on each long side.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar, milk, butter, cocoa powder and salt and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove pan from the heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla and stir until completely smooth. Stir in the oats until well coated.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and use a spatula to push it into the corners and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes then remove from the pan by lifting the paper out of the pan using the overhanging pieces. On a cutting board, use a serrated knife to cut through the cookies making 32 rectangular bars.
- Remove to a serving plate and store, covered, in the refrigerator if not serving right away.
Read NextOatmeal Cookies